Just four more days remain to enter the Tales of the Cocktail Official Cocktail Competition. The inspiration of this year’s cocktail is The Hurricane and must follow these rules:
- Your base spirits must include (but are not limited to) at least one rum.
- Your sweetening agents must include (but are not limited to) passion fruit.
- It doesn’t matter how you get there, but the color of your drink should be red — or at least reddish, which is one of the hallmarks of the Hurricane. So is the Hurricane’s signature curvaceous tall glass; bonus points for crafting a drink that looks good in one.
Judges for this year will be Jeff Berry (pictured above), Ian Burrell, and Wayne Curtis.
The winning recipes will receive the following:
- The first place recipe will be named the “Official Cocktail” of Tales of the Cocktail 2014
- The Official Cocktail will be in the Toast to Tales of the Cocktail Press Conference and in the official program.
- The first place recipe will be featured with photography in the Mutineer Magazine and Mutineer online publication
- The top three winning recipes will be featured in on TalesoftheCocktail.com and featured in the Tales of the Cocktail newsletter which reaches over 20,000 readers.
The deadline to submit recipes is this Friday, April 25, 2014. The winner and top three cocktails will be announced May 1.
To enter and for complete information, click here.