Camp Runamok, the educational cocktail experience that is sort of like a bourbon immersion program meets summer camp for bartenders, is now accepting applications for 2014. Hosted at Lion’s Club Camp Crescendo, a summer camp for underprivileged and disabled children, campers will attend educational seminars and distillery visits to further their bourbon and booze prowess. They will also get their hands dirty doing community service around the camp to pay it forward to Camp Crescendo’s future campers, all while finding creative ways to raise money for the Lion’s Club’s in the process.
Aside from that, there is plenty of fun to be had and great bartenders to meet from around the country.
This year will be a bit different than years past in that there will be two sessions instead of one. Applications are being accepted until March 21, 2014 at MIDNIGHT EST.
The dates for Camp Runamok for 2014 are:
Some other important key points:
- This is not a five day party. You will be asked to perform a number of activities that require your focus, attention, physical exertion and hospitality skills.
- You will work at Camp Runamok. Each cabin is expected to perform at least 2 work shifts throughout the week.
- We expect you to donate at least 4 hours of your time to improving the Lion’s Club Camp Crescendo while at Camp.
- This Camp houses underprivileged and disabled children when we’re not there, so we insist on leaving it better than we found it.
- Camp is very, very rustic. You will be sharing a room with 5-7 other people for the entire week and a bathroom with nearly 50. If that doesn’t appeal to you, Camp may not be for you.
- We also perform a number of physically taxing activities from paintball to pool time to color wars (not to mention the hike up and down the hill for each meal). If you don’t want to walk, run or get moving, Camp might not be for you.
- Having said that, Camp is fun. If you don’t like fun, Camp might not be for you either.
A lot of people (bartenders and those in the spirits industry) will be interested in this and space is limited. To apply, click here.