Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Fest is back! On Saturday, thousands of craft beer lovers will flock to Paso Robles to attend the sold out FWIBF. It’s an invitation only event for breweries, who if invited, must bring one session beer and one rare beer. It brings incredible beers to Central Coast California, many of which come from breweries that aren’t distributed anywhere near the West Coast, and some with incredibly rare beer (can anyone say Three Floyds Barrel Aged Dark Lord or Cigar City Brandy Barrel Aged Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout?).
Above is the beer list.
Here are some tips we recommend:
- Stay hydrated. It’s going to be HOT, with 95+ degrees forecasted on Saturday. Hydrate before you come and during the festival.
- Eat! Eat a hearty breakfast before you come, and be sure to snack on the bites available around the festival.
- Have a plan! Using the beer list above, find what beers you really want to get and hit them up first. Last year everyone ran to Three Floyds for Vanilla Bean Barrel Aged Dark Lord, but it ended up last well past the rush … but you never know. That plan should also including getting you safely to and from the venue, which brings me to my next point…
- Don’t drink and drive! There’ll be plenty of taxis … and plenty of cops.
- Don’t be an ass. There’ll be a lot of people out there looking to have a good time. Keep your cool, don’t cut in line, and be cool!
- Bottle shares! Small after parties, or “bottle shares”, will be happening at most of the hotels around the fair. You’ll likely see a lot of people hanging out, so bring a few bottles to share and they’re usually pretty cool about more people joining, and you can try some fun beers and meet some cool people.
If you don’t have tickets, stay tuned for next year as tickets and hotel rooms sell out fast. If you do have tickets, we’ll see you there.