Mutineer Magazine is proud to announce the Luxardo Cocktail Cup, presented by Mutineer Magazine. Bartenders from Boston, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland will battle it out on their home turf and only one bartender from each city will be selected to fly to San Francisco to represent their city and compete against the other finalists at the Penthouse Bar at Anchor Distilling Company headquarters. What’s at stake?
Anchor Distilling Company and Mutineer Magazine are proud to present the champion of the Luxardo Cocktail Cup with the following:
- Luxardo Cocktail Cup Trophy
- Trip to Italy: The winning bartender will travel to Italy to visit Luxardo accompanied by the local judge that selected them.
- Exposure in Mutineer Magazine: The winning bartender and their recipe will be featured in Mutineer Magazine, as well as on the MutineerMagazine.com “Competition Page”
- Exposure on Small Screen Network: The winning bartender will be featured preparing their Luxardo cocktail on video to appear on SmallScreenNetwork.com and MutineerMagazine.com.
Mutineer Magazine has teamed up with a media partner in each city. Each local judge will select three local semi-finalists in their market from the submitted recipes, using the judging criteria to make their decision. They will then narrow this list to one finalist, who they will accompany to San Francisco for the finals.
The judges in each market are:
- Boston: Nick Altschuller, The Improper Bostonian
- New York: Talia Baiocchi, EATER New York
- Chicago: Ari Bendersky, EATER Chicago
- Los Angeles: Billy Harris, Hanging With Harris
- San Francisco: TBD Judge, 7×7 San Francisco
- Seattle: TBD Judge, 7×7 Seattle
- Portland: TBD Judge, 7×7 Portland
The judges for the finals are:
- Matteo Luxardo, 6th Generation Luxardo
- Francesco LaFranconi, Executive Director of Mixology and Spirits Educator for Southern Wine and Spirits of Nevada
- David King, President of Anchor Distilling Company
- Alan Kropf, Editor in Chief of Mutineer Magazine
- TBD Judge
Submissions are now being accepted and will be open until 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on August 14, 2012. To enter and to view the complete rules, visit the Luxardo Cocktail Cup page.