DEERFIELD, Ill., Feb. 1, 2012 — Courvoisier, the cognac house of Beam Inc., announced today the addition of C by Courvoisier to its award-winning portfolio. A bold, revolutionary cognac, C by Courvoisier is full of attitude, boasting a daring, intense flavor profile that stands out from the crowd and showcases a new side of cognac.
C by Courvoisier offers consumers an innovative, new option in the cognac category. An intense blend of small-batch-produced cognac specially selected from 50 winegrowers in the Fin Bois Cru, C by Courvoisier is carefully crafted by the house’s master blender and goes through a double-barrel aging process to produce a smooth, full-bodied taste experience.
“The liquid is first aged in young barrels to bring out a strong, wood character and give it a full-bodied, intense flavor,” said Patrice Pinet, Master Blender for Courvoisier. “It is then aged in mature barrels to round out the taste profile and deliver a silky finish. With hints of carnation, orange peel, clove, toast and crusty bread in its flavor profile, it is best served chilled for a truly unforgettable experience.”
C by Courvoisier:
- Is made with an intense blend of small-batch-produced cognac, specially selected from 50 winegrowers in the Fin Bois Cru.
- Offers a bold new taste experience that is perfect for a night out with the guys.
- Has a flavor profile boasting a rich, intense character with a good balance between floral, fruity aromas and wood, with notes of carnation, orange peel, clove, toast and crusty bread for a bold drinking experience.
- Is double-barreled for a strong character with a smooth finish.
- Is packaged in Courvoisier’s iconic Josephine bottle.
- Has an ABV of 40% / 80 Proof.
- Offers consumers a new and exciting spirit option to be enjoyed on every occasion.
C by Courvoisier joins the recently released Courvoisier Rose, a lower-ABV liquid that combines the house’s premium cognac with French Red wine grapes for a refreshing drinking experience, and the 2010 release of the Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection- the first cognacs with a declared age statement from any of the four major cognac houses. Like the Courvoisier Connoisseur Collection and Courvoisier Rose, C by Courvoisier is yet another example of the innovative and revolutionary spirit that has defined the cognac house since the time of Napoleon.
C by Courvoisier will be available nationwide beginning February, 2012. A 750ml bottle has a suggested retail price of $34.99.