Beverage News • Other Beverage
“Source water at four of ACR’s school installation sites prior to filtration through our systems. Water high in terribly unsafe contaminants is evident in every part of the cities in Nepal.” (Kathmandu, Nepal)
Not sure what to get that special someone for Christmas this year? Since they’re already likely subscribed to Mutineer Magazine, why not make a donation to A Child’s Right on their behalf and give the gift of water to a poor child in a developing country? Here are just a few reasons why you should help:
- 80% of diseases in the developing world are caused by contaminated water.
- Waterborne diseases are the single biggest threat to children around the world.
- Of the 3 million people who die every year due to waterborne diseases caused by unclean water, 90% are children under the age of 5.
- Right now, one billion people on the planet don’t have access to safe, clean drinking water.
- Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related disease.
- In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours every year just walking to their source contaminated water, equivalent to the entire yearly workforce of France.
- Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
- One in eight people on the planet drinks water that’s likely to make them sick.
These are just a few of many scary statistics about the global water crisis and children are especially vulnerable to waterborne diseases, as their bodies aren’t strong enough to fight diarrhea, dysentery and other illnesses.
Donating is easy. Visit the donation page at A Child’s Right and using your credit card you can make a donation on behalf of yourself or dedicate it on behalf of, in honor of, or in memory of someone else. You can even choose which country your donation goes to or you can opt for it to be used for water projects where it’s needed most.
Water is the fundamental building block of life. Without water, we wouldn’t just be without wine, whiskey or beer, we couldn’t even survive.
To donate, visit AChildsRight.org.
Want to see how bad the global water crisis is? Check out Mutineer Alan Kropf’s documentary Thirsty Children, which documents his trip to Nepal to install five Mutineer purchased water filtration systems.
Looking to purchase wine? Why not purchase it through Cellar Angels and opt to have a portion of the proceeds donated to A Child’s Right.
About A Child’s Right
Their mission is simple: to change the lives of vulnerable children in impoverished urban areas by providing clean, safe drinking water to orphanages, schools, children’s hospitals, street shelters and rescue homes. They envision a world with clean water for all children — and a museum telling of when it was not so.