Thursday will be a celebration of the beverage that we drink over 400 billion cups of each year … COFFEE!
Did you know?
- Coffee is the second most traded product in the world after petroleum.
- It is consumed at the rate of 1400 million cups per day.
- The world’s second most popular drink after water.
- The expression “a cup of Joe” to denote coffee, was first coined during WWII, when American servicemen (G.I. Joe) were identified as big coffee drinkers.
- The largest coffee-producing nation, Brazil, is responsible for 30 to 40 % of total world output.
- Coffee is considered an aphrodisiac.
- Forty-nine of the fifty states do not grow coffee. The only state that grows coffee is Hawaii. Additionally, the only United States territory that grows coffee is Puerto Rico.
- The amount of coffee produced around the world is close to six million metric tonnes.
For more fun facts, visit The Oatmeal for 15 Things Worth Knowing About Coffee.
On Thursday, be on the lookout for coffee specials. 7-Eleven will be giving away free cups of coffee, as will other retailers.