This week’s installment of The Cocktail Spirit with Robert Hess brought to you by the Small Screen Network teaches you how to make a Caipirinha. According to Robert Hess, “Cachaça is the national spirit of Brazil. From that spirit comes the national cocktail of Brazil, the Caipirinha.”
- 2 ounces cachaça (If cachaça is not available in your area, you can substitute a good white rum.)
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 lime, quartered
- Wash the lime, and cut it into quarters.
- Put the lime pieces into a heavy tumbler and then add the sugar.
- Muddle hard to extract juices and dissolve the sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice, then add the cachaça. Stir to mix and chill.