Left Coast Libations book signing in the lobby of Hotel Monteleone. From Left to Right: Ted Munat (author), Jenn Farrington (photographer), Michael Lazar (author)
Throughout the duration of Tales of the Cocktail, Octavia Books (a locally owned New Orleans bookstore) hosted an on-site cocktail-themed bookstore called ‘Shots of Inspiration’ in the Hotel Monteleone. Each day, hundreds of people lined up in the hotel lobby for various book signings with some of the most well-known authors of cocktail and mixology literature. The 2010 ‘Shots of Inspiration’ was so successful that it broke its sales record from the previous year. Below is a list of the top ten selling books during Tales of the Cocktail 2010.
Many, if not all, of these books are a part of the Mutineer Magazine library. Whether you are a seasoned bartender, aspiring mixologist, cocktail aficionado, or just a lover of fine beverages, this list is definitely a great resource for cocktail literature.
TOP TEN BEST SELLING BOOKS AT TALES OF THE COCKTAIL
1. “Imbibe” by David Wondrich
2. “The Deluxe Edition of Vintage Cocktails and Forgotten Spirits” by Ted Haigh
3. “Left Coast Libations” by Ted Munat with Michael Lazar
4. “Beachbum Berry Remixed” by Jeff Berry
5. “She Ain’t Heavy She’s My Mother” by Bryan Batt
6. “Spiritous Journey Book Two” by Anistatia Miller and Jared Brown
7. “The Pocket Recipe Guide: Museum of the American Cocktail” by Anistatia Miller and Robert Hess
8. “Mixing New Orleans” by Jenny Adams and Phillip Collier
9. “And a Bottle of Rum” by Wayne Curtis
10. “Spiritous Journey Book One” by Anistatia Miller and Jared Brown
Note: #3 Ted Munat and Michael Lazar of Left Coast Libations are contributors to Mutineer Magazine.
Note: #7 Robert Hess is a contributor to Mutineer Magazine.
Leave a Comment