Four breweries in Central Virginia have come together and collaborated on a Black IPA for the upcoming 2nd Annual Brew Ridge Trail Music Festival kicking off on August 21st at the Concert Grounds at Devils Backbone in Roseland, Virginia.
Blue Mountain Brewery, South Street Brewery, Starr Hill Brewery, and Devils Backbone Brewing Company (winner of the Brewers Association World Beer Cup 2010 Champion Brewery: Small Brewpub Category), whom are all located on the Brew Ridge Trail, came together and decided to try a new style and brew a Black IPA. This collaborative brew will be tapped on August 8th at Starr Hill Brewery from Noon till 5 PM.
The following is a schedule of the events surrounding the Brew Ridge Collaboration Ale:
- Sunday, August 8, Noon – 5 PM: Debut at Starr Hill Brewery – Crozet, Virginia
- Tuesday, August 10, 6 PM – 8 PM: Debut at Blue Mountain Brewery – Afton, Virginia
- Sunday, August 15, 5 PM – 7 PM: Debut at Devils Backbone Brewing Co. – Roseland, Virginia
- Wednesday, August 18, 7 PM – 9 PM: Beer Run presents the “Beer Summit” – Brew Ridge Collaboration Ale on tap, plus all four breweries and their brewmasters will be onsite tasting two additional beers – Charlottesville, Virginia
- Wednesday, August 18, starts at 9 PM: Starr Hill Brewery presents “The Brew Ridge Trail Head Jam” at Rapture in Charlottesville, featuring local artists scheduled to perform at the Brew Ridge Trail Music Festival including William Walter, Tucker Rogers, Adrian Duke, Jesse Chong, and more.
For more information on the collaboration brew and the music festival itself, you can visit the official Brew Ridge Trail Music Festival website.