I would like to set the record straight once and for all; Jäger kicks ass.
There are two kinds of Jäger haters on earth:
1) The ones who can’t handle the licorice-meets-Robitussin taste.
2) The ones who say it’s a waste of money because it’s 5% less alcohol than most whiskey, vodka or rum. These people usually are closet profile #1 people.
When properly chilled (a degree from frozen) Jäger goes down so smooth you can barely taste it. By the time you realize it resembles something medicinal, you’re on your way to the pink elephant show.
If nothing else, respect it for these reasons:
1) I don’t think it’s a liqueur… You can’t see through it…What the hell is it?
2) The bottle has a deer head with lightning striking it.
3) Liquors mixed with soft drinks have outdated names like Sex On The Beach or Screwdriver. When mixed with Red Bull, Jäger becomes a Jäger-Bomb!
So you owe it to yourself next time you’re at the bar. Before you spend the rest of the night nursing your beer, wine or whiskey, ask your barkeep for a shot of Jäger – cold! Gaze at it like your challenging a beast and kick it back before it has a chance to bite!
Disregard all of this if you drove yourself to the bar.